How to do the Ag Science IIS Project 2021
Updated: Aug 27, 2021
How do I write a question?
What's a hypothesis?
What even is sustainability?!!
Want to know how to get started? - Read below.
The Individual Investigative Study (i.e. the project) makes up 25% of the Leaving Cert Ag Science assessment. The IIS is a project in which students design an experiment to test a hypothesis of their choosing and report on their findings.
How to start your Ag Science Project
1. Google the theme.
- What is sustainability/conservation?
- How does it relate to Ireland.
- What issues are Irish farmers having in this area?
2. What solutions/improvements can Irish make?
- Check out teagasc.ie for up to date research in Ireland.
3. No need to reinvent the wheel.
- Do any of your mandatory experiments (check you textbook) relate to what you've found?
- Could you adapt any of these experiments to investigate?
- What question can you come up with that you can investigate.
- Your hypothesis is based on your question.
5. Experiment, record results and analyse.
- Remember to link your conclusion back to your question, hypothesis and the overall theme for your year.
Each guide includes:
A step by step guide on how to complete your project and achieve 25% of your Ag Science.
Specifically for the 2021 or 2022 project themes.
Learn how to get started, what you need to write in your report, how to reference and how to gain marks.
Our Guide takes you from writing your question and hypothesis to concluding your investigation.
40 page workbook that you can write in posted straight to your door.
What are you waiting for? Get your guide now and be confident of your 25%.